Happy Birthday, Fortnite!
Fortnite Patch v5.10 has been released, and it has brought some massive changes to the game.
Hidden between the birthday celebrations, the new SMG, and the Playground LTM are big changes to the meta; some might feel like you need to learn a new game. So, what are these changes? Well, a lot of them are to the way building works; sounds awful to me.
Posting on the Fortnite website, Epic revealed what the building changes are:
Changes to building materials
- Wood wall starting health to 80 from 100.
- Stone wall starting health to 80 from 90.
- Wood wall max health to 150 from 200.
- Metal wall max health to 500 from 400.
- Metal build time to 25s from 20s.
There are also some pretty massive gameplay changes which may take some getting used to.
Safe zone changes
- Safe zone 2 wait time to 120 from 150.
- Safe zone 2 shrink time to 120 from 90.
- Safe zone 4 wait time to 90 from 120.
- Safe zone 6 wait time to 60 from 90.
- Safe zone 7 wait time to 45 from 60.
- Safe zone 8 wait time to 30 from 60.
- Safe zone 9 wait time to 30 from 45.
- Added moving circle to Safezone 6.
The changes to the early-game safe zone could lead to games that are much quicker – which will be better while watching competitive Fortnite.
As for the Compact SMG, well it seems to do quite a bit of damage, helping to shred through players and buildings.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- 23-24 base damage.
- Uses Light Ammo.
- 50 round capacity.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Slurp Juice now grants 1 health every 0.5 seconds, up to a total of 75. If health is full, shield will be granted instead.
- Supply Drop loot rates adjusted.
- Weapons (drops 1)
- Assault Rifles to 25% from 14.2%.
- Explosives to 25% from 28.5%.
- Compact SMG 14.58%.
- Sniper Rifles to 14.58% from 28.5%.
- Heavy Shotgun to 10.42% from 7.1%.
- Minigun to 10.42% from 14.2%.
- Removed Hand Cannon, Dual Pistols, and Silenced Pistol.
- Traps (drops 2)
- Launch Pad to 44.44% from 9.6%.
- Cozy Campfire to 33.33% from 7.5%.
- Bouncer to 22.22% from 15%.
- Removed Damage Traps.
- Consumables (drops 2)
- Shield Potion to 20% from 19.1%
- Small Shield Potion to 17.50% from 12.7%
- Med Kit to 13.75% from 6.3%
- Slurp Juice to 11.25% from 5.11%
- Clinger to 10% from 6.3%
- Remote Explosives to 10% from 3.3%
- Impulse Grenade to 10% from 4%
- Chug Jug to 7.5% from 2.1%
- Removed Boogie Bombs, Grenades, Bandages, Stink Bombs, Port-a-Forts, and Bush.
- Materials (drops 2)
- Wood to 33% from 47.6%.
- Stone to 33% from 35.7%.
- Metal to 33% from 16.6%.
- Weapons (drops 1)
We’ll have a full review of the new patch, meta changes and the Compact SMG tomorrow to help guide you through everything.