While Valorant is enjoying unparalleled success on its Beta release, lots of players are becoming increasingly frustrated with the ‘failed to launch’ error they’re encountering.
Valorant has been a huge and roaring success thus far. Millions around the world have tuned in to watch streams of the game online.
Players have also been able to get their hands on the game themselves by being given an access key. Of course, one of the best and only ways to gain an access key is by watching said streams.
However, like most new games, especially in the Beta phase, Valorant is not without its glitches and minor errors.
There have already been a few error codes people have needed to try and get around or over. And it looks like a new one is hitting a lot of players.
The failed to launch error is causing a number of issues and frustrations for players. But, like with most things, there can be a way around things.
How to fix the Valorant failed to launch error
While there is no guaranteed fix for this error, there are a number of things people can try.
The first thing to try is simply uninstalling and re-installing the Vanguard application. This may well solve the issue without going any further. You could also try removing apps or other running programs on your machine to free up space.
However, per a thread on Reddit, the best way seems to be by following the instructions below.
- Close Valorant down and turn off any related games in the task manager
- Try and uninstall Vanguard by going to add/remove programs, and clicking uninstall
- In the same menu, uninstall the actual Valorant game
- Next, you’ll need to open CMD as an admin. Do this by typing CMD into your search menu near the start or window button (bottom left)
- type in ‘sc delete vgc’ and press enter.
- type in ‘sc delete vgk‘ and press enter again
- restart your computer and download/re-install Valorant again
While this might seem a mess about, it doesn’t actually take too long. And, for the time being, it seems to work.
Riot Games will want to iron this out for the main release but for now, this should help you get back into the game.