The Wrecking Ball piledriver bug has been fixed on the Overwatch PTR!
Overwatch is getting some very vital updates and bug fixes in the latest Player Test Region patch.
The PTR is where Blizzard can test certain new heroes, maps, or changes before pushing them into the live game. Currently, you can play on the new map of Busan before trying it in the full title. This patch will finally fix a problem that has plagued the game ever since the release of Wrecking Ball, however.
We reported last week that various nasty bugs had found their way into the core game. However, it was the Wrecking Ball one that was the most annoying. Basically, if you Piledrive a target directly, it will do the same damage to opponents out of that 100dmg radius.
Posting on the Overwatch forum, the developers revealed the Wrecking Ball fixes that should be live in the game in the coming weeks.
Fixed a bug that caused all enemies to use the same damage falloff calculation.
As well as the Wrecking Ball bug, various changes were made to other heroes, with modifications to Widow’s grappling hook.
- Added visual outlines to make allies visible through walls
- Grappling Hook now retains momentum when used on environments or structures without a ledge (e.g. walls)
- Fixed a bug that caused players to sometimes slip off railings
- Fixed a bug that caused Brigitte to change directions when she stopped holding her Barrier Shield abruptly
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Seismic Slam to cancel when using Symmetra’s teleporter
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reinhardt to pin targets that were behind him when using Charge.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt to pin some targets when he turned during Charge.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reinhardt to use Earthshatter while standing on an enemy’s head.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from sometimes hitting enemies standing on a payload.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from travelling up certain inclines.
- Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt to change directions when he stopped holding his Barrier Field abruptly.
- Fixed a bug that caused Roadhog’s Chain Hook to sometimes break after hitting an enemy
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra from translocating to a moving platform when using her Translocator.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra’s Translocator from accurately indicating where Sombra would arrive when the ability was used.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Widowmaker’s Grappling Hook from connecting to some ledges
We’ll be looking forward to testing these out on the PTR and seeing if they really do make a difference to how Wrecking Ball plays.