The Symmetra teleporter glitch has finally been fixed in the latest Overwatch Patch update.
The new patch for Overwatch doesn’t really change too much but does add a cool D.Va challenge. The August 28th patch update made minor changes to the game, with most focusing on bug fixes.
However, the biggest takeaway is the new D.Va challenges on both Twitch and in-game. If you want to find out all the info on those, check out our full article on the D.Va Nano Cola challenge.
In a post on the Overwatch website, the dev team revealed the updates for both console and PC were exactly the same. Incredibly though, some of the most significant Overwatch bugs have yet to be fixed. We already know that Wrecking Ball and Sombra have two pretty game-breaking glitches still exploitable in the game.
However, this is what has actually been fixed:
Hero fixes PC
- Fixed a bug that prevented some of Roadhog’s voice lines from playing with his Lacrosse skin equipped.
- Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra’s Sentry Turrets to fall through the environment when thrown into a Teleporter.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Symmetra to teleport players into certain vehicles on King’s Row and Numbani.
- Fixed a bug that caused Winston’s Jump Pack damage not to fall off properly.
Obviously, the most critical fix here was fixing Symmetra’s teleporting into vehicles on King’s Row and Numbani.
This had been a problem for a while, but unlike the Sombra translocator glitch, it has been fixed. It could just be down to the fact that Symmetra is much more used than Sombra, so these glitches are gaining the attention of the devs.
However, there is plenty of talk about the Rialto Sombra glitch both on forums and YouTube that someone should surely take notice.
- Fixed a bug that prevented flavour descriptions from displaying when a skin was selected.
- Fixed a bug that prevented hero descriptions from displaying in the Hero Gallery.
- Fixed a bug that prevented cosmetics’ unlock requirements from displaying in the Hero Gallery.
Fixed an issue that prevented sound from playing after a memory-intensive team fight
When will other bugs be fixed?
We’re guessing that the dev team are working on things at the moment and aren’t ready to push out a fix just yet. However, when you have Overwatch League coach, Jayne, showing off a nasty Wrecking Ball glitch, you think something might be done soon.