Great news, the Fortnite v.4.2 new weapon patch is here!
That newest patch for Fortnite has been released, and it looks like v4.2 is going to have a big impact on the game. While we all thought that the Epic and Legendary Burst Rifle was going to be the biggest addition, there are now some other big changes that we can’t wait to check out.
Getting down to brass tacks, let’s talk about my favourite new addition to the Fortnite arsenal – the Legendary Burst Rifle. While the SCAR is considered an all-round great weapon, I usually prefer the blue burst if it is available, as it rewards players who have good enough aim to get the most use out of it. If you fancy yourself as a bit of a sharpshooter, with decent aim, you should have no problem destroying your opponents with the Famas, Fortnite’s new weapon.
Famas kinda OP in Fortnite? Didn't even hit all my shots good.. 😩🔥 pic.twitter.com/XBV26Y8kba
— Aspiire | 🔱 (@famousRobin1337) May 16, 2018
Everything you need to know:
- The Famas does 32 (Epic) and 33 (Legendary) damage per shot, which means dispatching a rival will take a two-shot burst to the body, or one burst aimed at the head.
- It still uses medium ammo, like all other assault rifles.
- There is similar damage drop-off at range, compared to other Assault Rifles.
- It also benefits from the first shot accuracy boost, meaning it will be deadly in the right hands.
Thought the new Assault Rifle is very cool, let’s be honest – the strangest, and potentially best addition, might be apples. Yeah, you will be able to roleplay Crash Bandicoot with this new update, and collecting loads of the delicious fruit. So what do they do?
— Rossow (@IRossowI) May 16, 2018
Well again, we’ve got everything you need to know:
- Consuming an Apple will grant 5 health (up to 100).
- Uncommonly, they can be found around certain trees throughout the map.
Obviously, there is a time and a place for these apples; how many times during the start of the game have you taken fall damage? Ever managed to get somehow shot by some scrubs? Yeah, not an uncommon occurrence, and as healing items aren’t always easy to come by, these apples are a great addition.
What else is new/fixed?
- Impulse Grenade drop rate has been increased by 5%.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Damage increased by 3.
- Common is now 20 (was 17).
- Uncommon is now 21 (was 18).
- Rare is now 22 (was 19).
- Increased Accuracy reset speed by 25%.
- This will decrease the penalty during continuous fire.
- Increased Damage fall-off range
- Fall-off begins at 28 meters (was 24 meters)
- Damage reduced to 85% at 47.5 meters (was 80% at 35 meters)
- Damage reduced to 75% at 70 meters (was 65% at 50 meters)
- Damage reduced to 65% at 250 meters.
- Damage Trap
- Decreased Damage from 125 to 75.
- Reset Time decreased from 6 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Remote Explosives
- They will now damage all structures within range, whether or not they are visible from the explosion center.
- Damage radius and throw distance have been increased.
- Delay between sequential explosions has been reduced from 0.25 seconds to 0.175 seconds.
- Delay before detonating a charge or throwing another one has been reduced from 0.75 seconds to 0.15 seconds.
- Removed the delay between swapping to a grenade and the ability to aim it.
- Added ‘Auto-Pickup’ option for pickups on PC and consoles.
- This will automatically pick up Weapons and Consumables when walking over them (as long as inventory slots are still empty). They will be placed in the next available inventory slot.
We’ll be back with a review of the new Famas, and where best to get all those apples tomorrow, so be sure to check back then.