Fortnite week 2 is here!
More Fortnite news? Absolutely, because I love writing about this game, and I’m guessing that you all love reading it, seeing as you’re here.
We’re in the second week of Season 4, so there are plenty of new challenges for you to pursue, as you work your way up to that top prize, the Omega skin.
The week 1 challenges were simple enough, and it looks like week 2 will be straightforward too. You can earn quite a few Battle Stars doing these challenges, and although the newest ones will be tougher – especially the ones in specific locations – it is worth it.
So what are the week 2 challenges?
- Search Chests in Greasy Grove (7) — 5 Battle Stars
- Consume Hop Rocks (7) — 5 Battle Stars
- Deal damage with Suppressed Weapons to opponents (500) — 5 Battle Stars
- Dance in front of different film cameras (7) — 5 Battle Stars
- Hard: Search between a Scarecrow, Pink Hotrod, and a Big Screen — 10 Battle Stars
- Hard: Explosive Weapon Eliminations (3) — 10 Battle Stars
- Hard: Eliminate opponents in Tomato Town (3) — 10 Battle Stars
Most of these are easy right? The Greasy Grove challenge may take a little time to complete unless you get lucky. The other could be the suppressed weapons one.
Tips and tricks
- Speaking of the suppressed challenge, remember you can use both an SMG and silenced pistol to do this challenge, pistol probably being the easiest to pull off.
- Don’t just land at Dusty Depot to get the Hop Rocks – there are several locations around the map with these rocks. In fact, the prison has a couple, as does the crater close to Snobby Shores.
- Remember you don’t need to land in Tomato Town to get the kills. Everyone seems to think you need to land there to get the kills, but you can just end up there due to the circle, or even come in late, and still get the reward.
- Don’t just use rocket and grenade launchers for the explosive challenge. Grenades, Clingers and C4 will do the job as well. You can even knock someone down with an AR, and then finish them off with an explosive.
Spoilers ahead… you’ve been warned!
If you’re looking for the treasure this week, you will need to search on a hill to the east of Risky Reels. There is a tree close by, and you’ll see the Battle Star pop up.
As for the Dance in front cameras, you can find these scattered around the map. There are two in Moisty Mire, one north of the prison, and one at the race track. That is four if the circle is nice for you; then there is one at Risky Reels, close to Haunted Hills, nearby Junk Junction and then Shifty Shafts, Tilted Towers and then north-west of Greasy Grove.
Unlikely you can do this challenge all in one game (unless you’re very lucky), but two games – landing on one side, then the other, and you’ll be sorted.