The Sims 4 on PS4 is currently experiencing a boom in popularity thanks to self-isolation and people being at home, so it’s only normal people are looking for cheats.
Players have always looked for ways to make the game easier when it comes to Sims. It’s no different in Sims 4 either, with players across all consoles, including PS4, looking for ways to cheat.
Interestingly with Sims 4, cheating is not actually frowned upon. In fact, it’s built into the game as a mechanism to encourage those with less patience to play the game.
Want more money? You got it. Want your guy to quickly fall in love? Sure. Want to turn your brother into a walking toilet head? Away you go, my friend!
Enabling cheats in Sims PS4
First off, to enable cheats you’re going to have to a few simple things. You can’t just go bashing a few buttons and hope for your bank to fill with that sweet cash.
To activate the option of even putting cheats in for Sims on PS4, you’ll need to do the following.
- With the game launched, hold all four of L1, L2, R1 and R2 at the same time
- A small box then appears at the top of the screen. This is known as your ‘cheat console’
- Press X to get into the console and then type in testingcheats true and press enter on the onscreen keyboard
- From here, you’ll then be able to enter a number of different cheat codes into the console
You can use as many cheat codes as you like. There are tons of different ones, so fill your boots.
Sims cheats – Money and building
The most obvious cheats you’re going to want to enter will come in the form of money and materials.
I mean, what’s the point in cheating if you’re not going to have a stack of money available and all the best things to put in your house? Here, then, are some of the better-known cheats for money and building help.
- Type motherlode for 50,000 Simoleons, similarly, you can type kaching or rosebud for a measly 1000 Simoleons
- For however much money you want, simply type money, followed by an amount you want. For example, money 100000
- For a pick of all the houses currently in the neighbourhood for free, simply type in FreeRealEstate
- Want to move things around your house without placement rules? Simply type in bb.moveobjects
- Unlock every furnishing in the game by typing in bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
- Buy items not normally available in the game by typing bb.showhiddenobjects
Character boosts for Sims 4 PS4
One of the main things Sim players like to do is boost or tinker with their Sims. This can be from things like relationships, skills, or work life.
If you’re tired of making your Sim work, you can boost them to the max level instantly. Simply type in stats.set_skill_level (skill name) 10
For example, you could type in stats.set_skill_level Major_Gardening 10 into the cheat console and your Sim would instantly be maxed out as a gardener. (You can choose any number up to 10)
This works for all the skills in the game such as fishing, bartending, etc, so go try out your favourite skill and see.
Other useful cheats in Sims 4 PS4
This article would be a mammoth piece of work if we listed every single cheat code in the game and what it does.
The ones already spoken about are the main ones you’ll probably use. However, there are also some other nifty cheats you can put in if you want to keep cheating.
- To improve a relationship or friendship, you can type in modifyrelationship Sim1firstname Sim1secondname Sim2firstname Sim2second name 100 Relationshiptype
- Instantly make your children brain-boxes by typing in stats.set_skill_level_Skillname 10
- Get a promotion at work in an instant by typing in careers.promote followed by the job role. For example, careers.promote writer would boost your Sim up the ranks.
There are other cheats out there within the Sims 4 world on PS4. A full extensive list of every code in the game can be found here.
One thing to remember, though, is Sims can turn cheats on and off when they please. If you find a cheat doesn’t work, it’s probably been disabled by the game developers.
Other than than, happy Sim cheating!