Could you imagine that there would be a Fortnite Thanos? I couldn’t, but anything’s possible in this Battle Royale game!
What happens when two of the biggest forms of entertainment join forces? Well, you end up with the Fortnite and Marvel crossover, of course!
Fortnite is the biggest game in the world right now and, well, everyone loves Marvell (apparently) – with the world going nuts over the recent release of Inifity War.
The crossover was announced on Monday and left many of us thinking what it could involve. Many were hoping for skins, because you know, who doesn’t want in-game skins? However, what actually happened turned out truly incredible.
The Limited Time Mashup: Inifity Gauntlet, sounds like an absolute blast and some serious marketing on Marvel’s behalf. In case you need to know what the entire event is about, we’ve got the lowdown for you.
What is it?
We've heard your feedback and we're looking to make a few tweaks to give more players the chance to wield the Infinity Gauntlet in the new Limited Time Mash-Up!
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) May 8, 2018
It is a Limited Time Mode, like 50v50 or Snipers only. In this new mode, a meteor will crash land on the map, and a Thanos’ gauntlet will spawn at the crash site. Find the gauntlet and use it, and you will turn into Thanos himself, gaining all sorts of powers! Careful though, if you die, someone else can pick it up, and like the original battle royale game mode, this continues until one is left standing.
At least, that was the initial plan, however, fans weren’t too happy that only one player got to wield the power of Thanos, so the people at Fortnite are now adding multiple gauntlets.
What the Fortnite Thanos powers?
The battle begins tomorrow… pic.twitter.com/NQ9BDH2BeG
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) May 7, 2018
- Ability 1 – Mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 – Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 – Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 – A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
Thanos is granted both shields and health, and when he eliminates another player his shields regenerate. Thanos also doesn’t take fall damage, however, his health never regenerates. Finally, Thanos does not build, use weapons or environmental things like launch pads – he has his own toys to get him around the map.
Not bad, huh, for this super scary Fortnite Thanos?
What else is new to the LTM?
Oh my god Thanos in Fortnite looks sick!😱 https://t.co/wU2qDEbWqU
— Jake (@JakeTWiiN) May 8, 2018
There was quite a bit added, such as the maximum match length being 15 minutes now, and the match starting with the storm already moving in.
One of the biggest changes is the fact that only rare, epic and legendary weapons spawn. Afterall, Thanos will have a huge load of health, and gets shield regens on kills, so you’ll need something strong to take him down.
Other changes are:
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
- Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 60.
- Chug Jug, Port-A-Fort, Boogie Bomb, Slurp Juice, Bush, and Remote Explosives drop rate increased.