Fortnite Heavy Sniper damage stats revealed and it sounds meaty.
Fortnite v5.21 patch has been released, and while it doesn’t make massive changes, there are some to talk about.
We already knew that the Heavy Sniper was coming to the game, after being rumoured several weeks ago. Thankfully, the patch has given us all the info we’d been missing, such as how much damage it does and how rare they are.
On the Epic Games website, they posted the patch notes, giving us all the info.
Heavy Sniper added:
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Each shot delivers devastating damage at the cost of a long reload.
- Deals 150/157 damage to players.
- These massive rounds deal increased damage (1050/1100) to buildings.
- Projectiles fired from the Heavy Sniper have less bullet drop in comparison to other Snipers.
- Minigun headshot multiplier has been reduced from 2.5 to 1.5.
As well as the new weapon, we have seen a nerf to the Mini-Gun, something which is very much welcome; considering how powerful it was.
Two very cool changes or at least two excellent additions to the game are the new Limited Time mode games. While we have played the Sniper Shootout playlist before, the Soaring 50’s sounds fantastic. It is all about getting around as quickly as you can, with gliders now being deployed if you fall from heights.
Limited Time Mode: Soaring 50’s
— Fortnite News • FortniteINTEL.com (@FortniteLatest) August 15, 2018
This mode is a twist on the traditional 50 vs 50 mode, featuring an extra emphasis on mobility. Gliders can be re-deployed when falling from significant heights. Additional Impulse Grenades, Bounce Pads, and Launch Pads will be spawned throughout the map. Jump in and soar to new heights!
- 50v50 loot, ammo and resource levels
- When in mid-air and greater than 10m up, press Jump to deploy your glider
- Added Impulse Grenades to chests at double the standard spawn rate
- Added Impulse Grenades to floor loot
- Decreased Spike Trap spawn chances
- Increased Launch Pad & Bounce Pad spawn chances
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are not tracked in this mode.
Limited Time Mode: Sniper Shootout
In this limited time mode, players will do battle using sniper rifles. May the best aim win!
- Scoped Assault Rifles have been removed.
- The Heavy Sniper Rifle has been added.
- Only weapon drops are Sniper Rifles.
- Floor Loot spawns reduced by 50%.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
We’ll be back with a review of the Soaring 50’s to see just how exciting it will be and if it is worth playing.