Fortnite vending machines sounds like a great idea, right?
Fortnite has a new patch out and there is one interesting addition. There have been many patches on the game in recent months that have made huge changes to the game, and though this one isn’t quite so massive it’s still enough to catch some people’s eye.
Patch v3.4 will introduce a vending machine which will allow you to trade in all that material that you never end up using anyway. In fact, you can swap anything from 100 to 500 pieces of single material for a white, green, blue, purple or gold item.
— Per (@Per39905987) March 31, 2018
Though this may not sound amazing, and you do end up giving away over half of a single material you can carry, it is worth it. For me, I always end up with loads of metal or stone and never actually use it for building until the end game when I make a base. So trading it for something like a Scar or a Heavy shotgun makes total sense if it helps you get more kills, especially if they have loads of material too.
Fortnite vending machines info:
These are found in various locations around the map.
- Each Vending Machine will randomly select a rarity. All items sold will match that rarity.
- Items found in a Common (white) version will cost 100 materials.
- Items found in an Uncommon (green) version will cost 200 materials.
- Items found in a Rare (blue) version will cost 300 materials.
- Items found in an Epic (purple) version will cost 400 materials.
- Items found in a Legendary (gold) version will cost 500 materials.
Other than this addition, the other significant change is that some weapons will now have 100% accuracy on the first shot. This is just brilliant because of the bloom mechanic being such a nuisance, especially when you know that your aim is fine and you’re not missing players.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Tactical Submachine Gun
- Suppressed Pistol
- Hand Cannon
- Assault Rifle
- Burst Assault Rifle
Other changes to the game include:
- When aiming, standing still, and the weapon has not fired recently, the first shot will be 100% accurate.
- When this is active, the aim reticle will be completely closed in to indicate this state.
- Damage fall-off has been adjusted for weapons with First Shot Accuracy.
Suppressed Submachine Gun and Tactical Submachine Gun
- Fall-off begins at 24 meters.
- Damage reduced to 80% at 35 meters.
- Damage reduced to 65% at 50 meters.
Pistol and Suppressed Pistol
- Fall-off begins at 28 meters.
- Damage reduced to 85% at 47.5 meters.
- Damage reduced to 75% at 70 meters.
- Damage reduced to 65% at 250 meters.
Revolver and Hand Cannon
- Fall-off begins at 35 meters.
- Damage reduced to 70% at 60 meters.
- Damage reduced to 40% at 85 meters.
Assault Rifle and Burst Assault Rifle
- Fall-off begins at 50 meters.
- Damage reduced to 80% at 75 meters.
- Damage reduced to 65% at 100 meters.
- Headshot damage multiplier reduced to 2x for weapons with First Shot Accuracy (was 2.5x).
There is no downtime for the patch, and you can download it right now – though some PS4 players have been known to be given a much larger patch. This is something which the team are looking in to apparently.