The fastest way to unlock all Smash Ultimate characters lets you unlock every Fighter in as little as 2 hours! You can unlock a character practically every minute using this method- although you may spend a little longer on rematches. Here’s a straightforward guide on how to unlock all Smash Bros Ultimate Characters fast.
Step 1 – Fastest Way To Unlock All Characters in Smash Ultimate
The Fastest way to unlock all characters in Smash Ultimate is to build up your steps in a 20 minute time battle. After that, you can get a challenge after every 1 Stock battle.
The more distance you travel, the more challengers you’ll get. If you’ve already built up a lot of movement in the game, move on to Step 2. You can come back to Step 1 when you run out of challengers.
To open up new challengers, follow these steps:
- Make a new ruleset. Choose Time and enter 20:00 or more. It also helps to remove all Items and Stage Hazards in the Advanced menu.
- Choose a Stage. Any stage will do, but a stage with plenty of room to run back and forth and minimal obstacles is the best choice.
- On the Character Select screen, enter 2P Mode. If you don’t have another controller, you can do this by turning both joy-cons off via the power button on the side then pressing the SL and SR buttons together. Choose a character for both players and start the match.
- Run back and forth with one character the whole time. The more movement you have in game, the more characters you’ll unlock! After this, you’ll be able to unlock characters super fast.
Step 2 – Unlocking All Smash Bros Ultimate Fighters Fast
After the First Step is done, you’ll unlock Ness. Now you’ve spent 20 minutes racking up steps, you’ll be able to unlock a character every 1-2 minutes.
- Open Smash Mode again and create a new Ruleset – Stock battle with 1 Stock.
- You can fight a CPU or another player. Whether you win or lose, the next character unlock will happen immediately. You can jump off the stage to speed things up.
- When you go back to the Stage Select screen, click the HOME button and Close Software using X (or the top button on a single joy-con). This allows you to unlock a new Fighter without a cooldown.
- Now continue this process by playing 1 Stock battles and Closing Software after each one. You’ll continue to unlock new characters every minute!
Don’t worry if you lose these battles! You’ll be able to replay all of them afterwards.
This method will keep working for a great deal of fighters. Once it stops working, go back to Step 1 of starting a 10-20 minute Time battle and moving back and forth. You’ll once again be able to keep unlocking characters one after another.
This is the fastest way to unlock all characters in Smash Ultimate and should take around 2-4 hours- maybe even less for some players! If you’ve already unlocked a lot of characters, this’ll make things even faster.
How to Rematch Fighters in Smash Ultimate
With over 60 battles to win, it’s likely you’re going to need a second try to unlock a lot of these Fighters!
You can do so via Challenger’s Approach in the Games and More menu. This will unlock early in the game and let you take on rematches on by one. Wait until unlocking every character the first time and you can rematch almost everyone.
When Challenger’s Approach disappears, play another 10 or so minutes in Smash Mode or Classic Mode. Check back at the Games and More menu and it’ll appear regularly.
Click for more on how to get Challenger’s Approach.
Smash Bros Ultimate Character Unlock Order
The unlock order when using this method is the same for every game. Here’s the order you’ll unlock the Super Smash Bros Ultimate Fighters:
Wii Fit Trainer
King K Rool
Zero Suit Samus
Rosalina and Luma
Mr Game & Watch
Duck Hunt Duo
While you can opt to unlock Fighters in Classic Mode or World of Light instead, this method is the fastest way to unlock all characters in Smash Bros Ultimate. Enjoy!