There have been some new CS:GO map updates to Biome and Subzero today. The maps have been tested extensively since making it to the game in the October CS:GO update, and new changes aim to make the maps more balanced.
The changes aren’t anything major, but there are some nice adaptations which will change up how to play these maps a little. Here’s more on the latest CS:GO map updates.
CS:GO Biome Updates
The new CS:GO map by jd40, de_biome, has changed a few things to change up the game for both CT and T side players.
Most importantly, mid is now much wider. The narrower mid previously made gun fights a little awkward. Now, not only are you able to see a lot more, but there are also more opportunities for smokes and even smoke line-up markers.
- Fixed boost with visibility glitch on A long.
- Added more crates at B boost.
- Widened mid.
- CT side of mid now splits into upper and lower.
- Redesigned connector at top of mid – now “vent”.
- Opened a window above mid, allowing nades.
- Lowered skybox and added visual cues for nading.
- Removed path between T spawn and catwalk.
- Cut the sightline between A short and outside.
- New crate on B allows jumping from site to heaven.
- Fixed various minor bugs.
CS:GO Subzero Updates
Some changes have also been made to FMPONE’s new map, Subzero. He previously made a post on Twitter about the upcoming adjustments.
NEW Vent/A Connector.
— FMPONE (@FMPONE) November 26, 2018
The new vent runs from Catwalk to A Connector, giving players another route to the site. A Connector has also had a redesign.
Here’s a full list of de_subzero changes from the CS:GO blog:
- Redesigned A Connector.
- Removed Door on B which mostly benefited T’s.
- Removed crates in A Pit which mostly benefited T’s.
- Fixed water in spawns eating guns.
More CS:GO Map Updates to Come?
There’s nothing else new in the latest CS:GO update, but there could be more updates to maps in the near future.
FMPONE is also working on the CS:GO Cache Remake. So far, there have been some very interesting changes to the map. However, FMPONE previously said it’s likely to launch in 2019.
think curved building might be strong enough for CTs, without any need for a defensive cubby. would be tough to really discourage Ts from using that against truck players, as well. Probably the last preview you'll get, enjoy! pic.twitter.com/M1Cb9wc3SV
— FMPONE (@FMPONE) November 2, 2018
New Cobble is also live in the game. It isn’t out of the question that the professional play map pool could change in the near future.
With December on the horizon, there could be some big CS:GO Updates still to come.