Crikey, a Reddit user has apparently leaked information on Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Battle Royale mode, Blackout.
Treyarch is bringing us back to the futuristic FPS. They’re also jumping on the Battle Royale bandwagon; currently led by Fortnite and PUBG. Since the announcement of the new mode, many fans have been excited to see how it will compare.
This mode is set to replace the single-player campaign and will feature maps from previous Black Ops games. It’s also the largest ever map in COD history.
While excitement is still high, the leaks on Reddit may be a cause for concern but we’ll let you make up your own mind on what the leaks say.
Omnipotentem revealed the info on the site yesterday:
- Largest map in Call of Duty history, but lots of focus on verticality. As seen in the teaser, the map features pieces of iconic maps from previous games.
- Nuketown is located in the middle of the map as an island, surrounded by water, set after the nuke is dropped. The layout and theme of Nuketown in Blackout is similar to that of Nuketown Zombies from Black Ops 2.
- Aiming for at very least 50 players, currently testing 64 players right now with plans to increase if possible.
- Health is 150HP, replenished via scavengable Medical Kits. Equipping scavenged Armor allows the player to take 1 extra shot, Armor Piercing Rounds will counter the effect of Armor.
- Limited Inventory slots, increased space via scavenged Backpacks.
- Weapon loot has rarity, depending on the rarity your weapon will have different attachments (Higher Rarity = Better/More Attachments).
*Subject to change, there are currently talks about attachments being scavenged rather than rarity-dependent.
- Consumable abilities such as the Multiplayer Specialist Abilities. For example, Torque’s Portable Barricade with 1x use Ruin’s Grapple Hook with limited uses, and Nomad’s Dog which can be commanded to follow the player or guard an area.
- Equipment such as the Recon RC, an RC-XD without explosives, can be scavenged and give the player an advantage. Currently, a Monkey Bomb equipment which doesn’t explode can be found, likely a placeholder for a Decoy Grenade.
- Land, air, and sea vehicles as seen in the teaser. The ATV is the only fully-functioning vehicle in the current build.
- The Storm/Gas mechanic is currently a simple visible wall that closes in on the map.
- While players merely parachute into the map. *Subject to change, talks of moving to a spawn-in system similar to Call of Duty: Online are happening.
One of the significant causes for concern is the fact that currently, the only vehicle is the ATV. With the game set to release in October, you would hope that Treyarch is able to get at least two more vehicles in before launch.
While we are hoping that Blackout will be a success, given that both Fortnite and PUBG were in development for several years and are still not balanced (or working in PUBG’s case), can Call of Duty really pull this off?
Hopefully, we’ll find out soon.