Fortnite v5.20 nerfs fast-farming again!
Another week and another patch for Fortnite. Those poor guys over at Epic Games must be working 20 hour days and sleeping under their desks.
They are really adamant about changing things up in the game and moving the meta on without giving players much time to get used to it. Thankfully, there isn’t a massive change to the overall gameplay, but we are getting a new weapon.
Yesterday, we revealed that a double barrel shotgun was coming to the game and today it is here!
Double Barrel Shotgun info
- Double Barrel Shotgun added.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Delivers high burst damage at very close range but damage falls off heavily at a distance.
- Fires 10 pellets like other Shotguns, has a larger spread, lower critical damage multiplier (1.25x), and a 2 second cooldown time when swapping weapons.
- Epic Variant
Up to 143 base damage per shot at extreme close range.
- Legendary Variant
Up to 150 base damage per shot at extreme close range.
There have been some exciting changes to the general gameplay too, with various bug fixes. One of the big things is that your weapon firing will now be in line with your position, i.e. if you are crouched or standing.
Now, players won’t shoot from a standing position while crouched, meaning that the days of head-glitching might just be over, thankfully.
New gameplay changes
- The weapon fire position now more closely follows the actual player position when crouching and un-crouching.
- Shooting while leaving the crouched stance will no longer fire bullets from full standing height until the animation is complete.
- Crouch does not interrupt emotes anymore and is disabled when emoting.
- Finally, the next big thing to take from it is that crouching won’t disrupt emotes, meaning that fast-farming has once again been nerfed.
We’ll have a full review of how the new patch feels coming tomorrow and a reaction from Fortnite fans on the new shotgun too!